Thursday 4 July 2013

Terrible run


Yesterday I hit a wall. Not in the marathon, can't move you legs kind of way, but in the mentally I couldnt move my legs kind of way.

I was scheduled for a 5/6 miler, and pumped after the Women's Running Event on Tuesday, but still couldn't shake of all the negativity I had developed from my experience at Nike+ run club on monday. Being slow and feeling like I was a terrible runner.

I'd also had a bit of a rubbish day shopping for a dress for a ball I'm going to next week. I think we've all been there when we've tried on every dress on the high street and not one makes us feel good. So needless to say, I was not in the best mindset for a run.

I set of with the boy, my new headphones and a new playlist, but just couldn't get going. Running felt unnatural again. Everything hurt and I just didn't want to carry on.

I got about a mile and a half down the canal path and just couldn't go on, promptly turning around and walking home. The first time I've ever given up mid run and walked home.

Now I've just got to get my motivation back up for my long run of the week tomorrow. An attempted 9 miles this week.

Really need some tips here guys, how do you get out of a slump?

S
x

No comments:

Post a Comment