Friday 5 July 2013

Mad Hatter's Tea at the Sanderson

A few weeks ago, I took a friend for afternoon tea at the Sanderson for her birthday. It was a few days after the We Own the Night 10km and I had been looking forward to it for weeks.

Personally I'm more of a savoury person, and am not really the biggest afternoon tea fan, but the reviews of the Sanderson were fantastic and friends had said its one not to be missed.

Having never been to the Sanderson before, it looked completely inconspicuous from the outside, but through the doors opened up into a gorgeous lobby with the famous long bar to the right. We we shown to our table in the gorgeous courtyard. Tummy grumbling from walking past other guests afternoon teas.

The menu looked amazing! And we were promptly presented with two glasses of champayne, ready to begin

The tea was served on the most beautiful crockery (if anyone knows who its by do let me know) with a delicious selection of teas that tasted like sweets and a cake stand overflowing with delicious treats. The colours and flavours were out of this world, and so much thought had gone into each and every piece.


My favourite bits were the "drink me" passionfruit potion and the green tea and white chocolate mousse. To die for!

Overall I would recommend this tea to everyone, especially nice to look forward to after an event. Thumbs up from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment