Tuesday 2 July 2013

New Asics Gel Nimbus 15

I had a particularly tough time at Hackney Run Club  a few weeks ago. I'd started upping the miles to start my Run to the Beat training and on this particular day I just couldn't keep up and my shins were agonising. Ade, the running coach, gently ran back to the studio with me, and when through the different causes of the pain, giving me some stretches for my shins as well.

The two causes were 1) running technique and 2) trainers. It had been a while since I'd got new trainers, so I had a week of running and promptly took myself back down to Runners Need to get re - assessed.

My first proper trainers were the most structured ones in store, I was an over pronator. On this trip, I was delighted to find out I'm now a neutral runner! Probably from all the squats and core work I had been doing.

They recommended I try either the new nike lunar or asics gel nimbus. Personally I'm a Asics fan, and with runner's need out of size 3s, I went off to Asics Flagship store had another gait assessment, still neutral, and went for the Gel Nimbus 15s.


They come in a range of lovely colours, I went for the brightest ones! They are delightful to run in, a little like running on clouds, hugely comfy and cushioned, good for long and short runs alike. Very happy runner.



What trainers do you run in?

S
x

No comments:

Post a Comment