Wednesday 26 February 2014

A year of running.....

So exactly one year ago today I first laced up my trainers and went for my first run. 

It was a baby 1.4 miles with lots of walking, but arriving home the endopines were pumping and I finally realised maybe running wasn't God's punishment for eating cake.

2 months later I did my first 10km race at the energizer night run and I was hooked. A year on 5 medals later, I honestly don't know what I'd do without running.


This week I've did my longest race of 15km last weekend with my first half marathon in Paris this weekend. I never dreamt if ever be 'sporty' let alone a 'runner' and I wouldn't have made it here without the amazing support of my trainer at London fields fitness and the twitter community of runners spurring me on!

Thanks guys!

Here's to the next year! Tons more races on the cards and my first marathon!


1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how many women out there, who have never considered themselves sporty, take up running and love it! I'm one of them, and I haven't looked back since taking those first tentative steps a year ago! I hope your half went well!

    ReplyDelete