Saturday 29 June 2013

Welcome!

Dear Readers,

Welcome to my new blog "trainers and treats". I've been wanting to start a fashion and lifestyle blog for a while, but realised most of my blog ideas sprung from my new found love of running, as well a food.

At the start of the year, I could barely run around my local park without resembling a character from Lord of the rings. I  hated running. It was uncomfortable, unnatural and I just could not do it. I wasn't even willing to try. I even told my new personal trainer Roger from London Fields Fitness, i'll do anything to get fit, but just don't make me run.

January came with the launch of Elle Running Club, a challenge to run 5 km in a month and finally something clicked. I remember heading of for my first proper run, a merger 2 km, and was so chuffed when I made it home, alive and buzzing. With the help of the guys at London Fields Fitness, Elle running club and some fab inspirational books, I've now completed 2 10km runs with another booked and a half marathon in the pipeline in September.

I hope this blog inspires new and old runners a like with tips, kit and delicious food to fuel your runs

S
x

No comments:

Post a Comment