Friday 27 September 2013

First run back

I begrudging joined a gym last week are years of being an outdoor fitness class goer and an outdoor runner, but having struggled to find new running routes when I first moved, and finding a 24 hour gym with tons of classes included for £15 a month, I was sold.

My first trip did fill me will the old dread I used to have about gyms, it's full or super fit people and trainers that will just laugh at me. 

And, my age old fear, the dread mill. 

Before starting running at the start of the year, I hated gyms and most of all hated running of a treadmill. 

However, I convinced myself I'd come a long way since my last gym trip and jus had an operation, I needed to give myself a break. 

So a slow and tough 5km later, with a new playlist and remembering how good it feels to go for a run,I was starting to get over my fear. So much so, I went back and did the same the next day! Hopefully I'll start to get my speed and fitness back in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment